This blog has now moved to http://www.foreverebekka.co.uk
Please click the above link
This blog has now moved to http://www.foreverebekka.co.uk
Please click the above link
Recently, I’ve become quite a fan of Ted Baker. I love the clothes, cases, make-up bags, and purses – everything. Everytime I go shopping I end up in the Ted Baker shop and spend about an hour in there without even buying anything. However, this time I actually picked something up. Last weekend I went to Cheshire Oaks which is a shopping outlet with discounted items, and when I found out there was a Ted Baker shop I was more eager to go.
I’ve had my eye on the Ted Baker purses for quite a while but I’ve always debated whether I should splash out on one since they are quite expensive and more than I would usually pay for just a purse. BUT then I came across this beautiful thing and I instantly fell in love with it. From then things got better and better, especially when I found out the price was only £45 from £70 – with a little bit more taken from the price with my student discount.
I love this purse because its cute and girly, yet also incredibly practical with plenty of room for my money, a mirror, cards, and of course My Phone. Everything just fits in nicely which also makes it easier to take out with me without having to take a bag. However my FAVE part has got to be the red contrasting bow clasp, this just adds extra detail and makes it stand out a bit more. Love it
I’m completely in love with this little purse, have you splashed out this month?
Feels like I haven’t done a blog post in a bit so I thought this nice sunny weather was an excuse for one. Just a little update on what I’ve been up to and in particular the books i’ve been reading. Last week I thought I was in need of a few good books and so ordered four.
| The Fault in our Stars – John Green | Paper Towns – John Green | Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher | Divergent – Veronica Roth |
I’ve only just started reading Divergent and so far I absaloutely love it. Once I’ve read these books I plan to do a little blog post about them so keep an eye out.
Have you read any of these books?
So as you will have been able to tell from yesterdays post, I did go a bit crazy in Primark which is why I had to split my haul into posts- Clothing and Accessories. If you haven’t already make sure you check out yesterdays post.
1. Phone Clutch £4. I literally threw this clutch into my basket as soon as I spotted it. I first saw this clutch in Topshop HERE but of a different pattern but I debated whether to get it. And boy am I glad I didn’t buy it because this one is just as nice and a fraction of the cost. It has a nice little space for your phone to slot into yet also a place to put your money. Its just so practical.
2. ‘Pool party’ beach clutch £2. I love this. I realise that my holiday is a few months of yet but I want to be prepared. Maybe even start packing 3 months in advance. i don’t know about you but I am incredibly protective of my things – I can not stand it if my phone, ipod, laptop etc gets scratched or is in a dangerous situation where it might get scratched which is why I have like a million different cases for my different things. When i’m on holiday especially, I hate leaving my phone out where it might get wet, dropped or scratched. This year my ipad will be my companion and I think I would have a break down if anything happened to it. So I bought this little pool party clutch bag. I just think its so practical as I can keep my different things in here to protect them from the sun and any splashing. In the mean time though I will be using it as my ipad pouch and showing it off for a bit. (Oh and the colour is just beautiful – and it matches my towel).
3. White diamante sandals £4. So after writing these past two posts I realise I may have been in a bit of a holiday mood. I’m just too excited and love buying things for the summer. I’ve been searching everywhere for some new sandals as I’ve worn most of mine out and only have one pair left but they aren’t mutual enough to wear with EVERY outfit I have so I was in need of a nice white pair – and I finally found them. I think these will look so pretty underneath linen pants and with shorts – and especially great with a nice tan. I haven’t even tried these on yet so I’m hoping they will fit comfotably.
4. Floral headband £2. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I have recently rekindled my obsession with floral hair accessories. However, I decided I wanted to mix it up a bit as all my floral hair things are just little clips and since flowers are my little ‘thing’, I thought I’d buy a nice headband with flowers on. They had quite a few flower accessories in atm but I fell in love with this one as it is so cute yet subtle. I think it will look so pretty with my hair up or down, and will add a nice look for the days I want my hair kept off my face.
5. China print scarf £4. I’ve also become obsessed with china print clothing at the moment. I already have a china print blouse and dress but I love this scarf. It will just add a nice touch to an outfit as its just so pretty. I’ve been wearing it every day since I got it and it really helps complete any outfit. I love it.
What accessories have you bought? Are you in the summer mood? Obsessed with the china pattern trend?
So I went shopping.. again. I thought i’d share with you what i’d purchased mainly from primark. However, I’m going to split it into two different parts: Clothes, and Accessories – So make sure you check back tomorrow.
1. Acid wash dungarees – £13. I’ve been wanting some of these for so long and just could not resist when I saw a huuuuge collection of them at the doors. I can’t wait for some warm weather to arrive so I can wear them, until then i’ll be sticking on some tights underneath.
2. Light wash long Dungarees – £17. This item is by far my favourite purchase of the week. I am obsessed. I innitially went shopping for a shorter pair, but when I spotted these I fell in love and for just £17, I couldn’t say no. I first went shopping to buy some short dungarees from topshop which were £30 and for the same price I got two pairs. Not bad
3. Towel – £7. So this was a sort of instinct buy. My friend had one of these like 3 years ago on her holiday and I was so jealous. I personally just thought they were genious as i’m forever clipping my towel around myself on holiday and this just saves me the effort. I love it and the bright colours have completely got me into the holiday spirit. Can not wait for spaiiiin.
4&5. Two Bright Crop Tops – Yellow and White – £3 each. I’d seen these tops in River Island a while ago but thought they were far too much money at £10 each. And so, when I saw them in Primark for less than 1/3 of the cost I just had to buy them. I tried them on earlier and they look so good with both my dungarees and in the winter I will be throwing them on over a nice vest top. Eeeep
Have you been shopping recently? Got yourself a few bargains? Joined the dungaree hype?
Remember to return tomorrow for part two of my rather big haul.
A little post to tell you EVERYTHING i’ve been loving recently.
Body Care Loose Powder – I have used a variety of loose powders but this one is by far my favourite. It applys very nicely and helps to hold your make-up in place for a long time. It also adds a bit of a glow to your skin and is great to highlight your cheeks and eyes. I love this product and will definitely be repurchasing it again in the future.
Rimmel Apocolips lip laquers – These lipglosses are A-MA-ZING. I didn’t used to wear a lot of lipgloss because I found they all were rather sticky and looked tacky but these are amazing. They apply thick but don’t stick or look odd. Apparently they are similar to the YSL lip stains which is one of the reasons why I bought them – for £5.99 they are perf. The only problem with them is the small amount of shades, I would love it if they would expand their collection. However, I will be purchasing Apocoliptic very soon too. Love them.
MAC Brushes – These two brushes are rather pricey at £26 but they are amazing. I innitially bought these for Prom with a variety of other bits and bobs from MAC. The brushes apply make-up perfectly and I use them every day. I use the 168 to apply my foundation and concealer and then the 120 for blush, and powder.
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint – I bought this product in Prickly Pear and it has become one of my favourite nail products. The shine is amazing and are easy to apply as they don’t really need a top coat. I’m a rather clumsy person and these have taken quite a while before they chip – although I do type with chipped nails – but I have to admit I did last paint them about 3 weeks ago. It took a while for me to join the hype of Gelly Nail Paints but now i’m a big fan, and I can’t wait to buy their new Summer Nail collection which you can also see here on ETC LLYMLS.
Recently I’ve been loving a little bit of inspiration and motivation, and a good quote to refer to really does help. Funnily enough I first heard this quote on The Voice UK last Saturday when one of the contestants said it, I really loved it, and then it popped up on Pinterest so I had to share it with you all.
You often see people letting themselves be miserable and unhappy because they think its natural to feel like that in order to survive. But its really not. You hear of people who’ve lived their lives neither happy nor unhappy doing normal things that is expected of you in life but although they aren’t left miserable and depressed they have no exciting stories or memories to look back on and tell their children and grandchildren. When I am old, I want to have things to look back on and be so proud of and happy about, things that I’d want to share with the world, and things that would make me feel like I have fulfilled every goal in life. I would want to feel like I have LIVED.
I do have many fears and worries when at 16, they should not even exist. But because I worry about everything, it makes me too scared to accomplish things and actually enjoy things that I should be loving. Flying and travelling for example, every year we go to Spain and I am excited to go all year round but when the actual day comes I feel sick and do not enjoy the plane journey AT ALL. A flight to spain only takes around 2 hours so its a lot easier to deal with but my fears stop me from going to places that I would love to visit. America and Australia – Both places that I would LOVE to go to so much, but my fears are holding me back and stopping me from living all the memories that I would love to have in the future.
Worrying, panicking, and being afraid does not allow me to live, it just simply lets me survive which is why I want to change it around. I want to stop worrying about things by looking at all the positives in situations, I want to go out places more and accomplish my fears. I also want to be more independent and confident to make it easier for my worries to go away and live my life without having something stupid stopping me and holding me back.
I hope this little quote has helped you in some way and made your 1st of May a lot happier.
What changes will you make for May?
I honestly can not believe its almost May. Where has time gone. This time last year I was in my last month of School sitting my exams and making the most of the last days with my friends – and yet, it doesn’t seem like 2 minutes ago.
| Dyed my hair back to my natural colour | Many photos of my little puppy Sully | Smoothies and Fudgecake with my bestest | The great sweetshop at the Trafford Centre | My future ADAM car | My Grandmas 101st Birthday – RIP | Rekindled my obsession with cheesy potatoes, J2O with lemonade, and red skittles | Got a cold and became addicted to Soothers | Fun times with my Dad | Many shopping trips and purchases – Models Own and Rimmel |
I have been using my creativity recently in order to change my blog around to make it more representative of myself. After changing the colours around and changing my header A LOT I think i’m finally happy with it so I would love to know what you think?